Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

OK, so I thought I would find Slideshare a better place to start because I have used Marvel before. Thinking that Slideshare would be a great place to find presentations already made on some of the topics we discuss in social studies or for students to create presentations. Didn't go the way I thought it would.

Many of the slideshares didn't have audio-or if they did, I didn't hear it. Other than posting a Powerpoint or Keynote to the web I didn't get much out of it. Probably need to play with it more in order for it to make sense to me.

Then went to Marvel. I had not used Middle Search before so I tried that. Found some great articles from Scholastic on the Middle East and saved them to my folder. That was cool. I am assuming there must be a way I can share that folder with my students...at the very least I know I can take the articles and put them on my web page, in a shared google document, or in a blog to comment on.

So, did find some good stuff to use in class. Still wishing for those days of summer when we had more time and energy to think about how to put this all to good use!

2 comments:

  1. Marvel is marvelous, for sure. But, not easy to wrestle that beast into submission. Good to introduce to 8th graders, as database searching is important for high school and college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I missed the audio when I looked at the slideshow. I guess we have gotten so used to multi tasking that when we slow it down I find myself looking for more!

    ReplyDelete